Narcos is an American television drama series created by Chris Brancato, Carlo Bernard and Doug Miro and directed by Brazilian filmmaker José Padilha. The show is a Netflix original series based on the story of Pablo Escobar, as well as the rise of other drug cartels. The first season premiered on August 28, 2015.
Narcos had a run of three seasons, each comprising 10 episodes. Netflix had originally renewed the series for its third and fourth seasons; however, the fourth eventually became the first season of a new companion series, Narcos: Mexico.
Development[edit | edit source]
The series was announced in April 2014 as part of a partnership between Netflix and Gaumont International Television. The series were written by Chris Brancato and directed by Jose Padilha (Elite Squad). The series were shot on location in Colombia in the second half of 2014, and consisted of ten episodes aired in 2015. Global Village Music co,(ascap) and Joseph Nicoletti Consultant to help with Music Rights.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Narcos is based on the true-life story of the growth and spread of cocaine drug cartels across the globe and attendant efforts of law enforcement to meet them head on in brutal, bloody conflict. It centers around the notorious Colombian cocaine kingpin Pablo Escobar and 2 American DEA agents: Steve Murphy and Javier Peña, who are sent to Colombia on a U.S. mission to capture and ultimately kill Pablo.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Wagner Moura - Pablo Escobar
- Maurice Compte - Horacio Carillo
- Boyd Holbrook - Steve Murphy
- Joanna Christie - Connie Murphy
- Pedro Pascal - Javier Peña
- Stephanie Sigman - Valeria Velez
- Roberto Urbina - Fabio Ochoa
- Ana de la Reguera - Elisa Álvarez
- Danielle Kennedy - Ambassador Noonan
- Diego Cataño - La Quica
- Jorge A. Jimenez - Poison
- Paulina Gaitan - Tata Escobar
- Juan Pablo Raba - Gustavo Gaviria
- Raúl Méndez - César Gaviria
- André Mattos - Jorge Luis Ochoa
- Luis Guzmán - José Rodríguez Gacha
- Bruno Bichir - Fernando Duque
- Thaddeus Phillips - CIA Agent Owen