The Medellín cartel was a Colombian drug cartel based in Medellín. The cartel at its zenith supplied approximately 80% of the cocaine entering the United States.
The Medellín cartel, along with their rivals, the Cali cartel both sent their cocaine to the United States through the Guadalajara cartel following the closure of the Caribbean corridor in the early 1980s.
- Pablo Escobar (1973–1993)
- Carlos Lehder (1976–1984)
- José Rodríguez Gacha (1976–1989)
- Fabio Ochoa Vásquez (1976–1990)
- Jorge Luis Ochoa Vásquez (1976–1990)
- Mateo Moreno (1973–1980)